Thursday, October 15, 2009

Broadway Bomb 2009

New York - New York

Endless streets and wheels that roll is all you need to surf this co
ncrete jungle. For the second year in a row I made it down to NYC for the Broadway Bomb. An annual race starting in 2000 with 14 riders has now called out over 250 riders from NY and around the world. I was joined with fellow Canadian, business partner and friend, Mike Boz from BOZ Boards. Unfortunately the Megabus arrived late and I couldn't race his new model but I still made the top 30. Bustinboards (www.bustinboards.com) was repping push culture to the fullest at this event with the majority of riders on their boards and everyone screaming BUSTIN!

It was an inspiring week, amazing vacation and a joy to push my limits in the biggest city in the world.
As much as Longboard Living is a company, I often forget it is the lifestyle i aspire to live my life by. Trips like these, and in New Orleans last may are good reminders of the joy that longboarding / traveling brings. It was great to meet so many amazing people full of stoke and passion for the lifestyle. I will begin filming this Saturday in an effort to capture the lifestyle of a city surfer and help spread the stoke to others.


Spreading the stoke,

Ryan Rubin
longboardliving@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment